Spinach Salad with Tabbouleh and Orange Vinaigrette
Time: 15 min Serves: 2
1 bundle spinach, stems removed, washed well
1/4 cup Pepita (shelled pumpkin seeds)
1 cup cold tabbouleh (bulgur wheat mix)
1 small apple, diced
1/4 cup olives, chopped
3 artichoke hearts (marinated), chopped
1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
1/4 cup olive oil
zest of one orange
juice of 1/2 orange
2 tbsp Champagne vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tbsp sugar
1) Prep spinach thoroughly, either using a salad spinner or completely dry with paper towels. Set in a large salad bowl.
2) Over medium heat in a small pan, add pepitas. Toss seeds over the span of 5 minutes or until seeds start to brown. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
3) Add tabbouleh, apple, olives, artichoke hearts, parmesan, and cooled pepitas to spinach.
4) Whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk until emulsified. Taste and adjust if needed. Pour the dressing over the spinach salad. Using salad tongs, mix until spinach is well-coated, and ingredients are evenly distributed.
5) Divide into two bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leftover ideas: Zucchini with Bulgur Wheat and Tomato Sauce